“This world is full of conflicts— Leonard Cohen
and full of things
that cannot be reconciled.
But there are moments when we can…
reconcile and embrace the whole mess,
and that’s what I mean by ‘Hallelujah.’”
“The more you praise— Oprah Winfrey
and celebrate your life,
the more there is in life to celebrate.”
“When you love yourself,— Mel Robbins
you inevitably do things you love.
When you treat yourself with respect,
you do respectable things.
And when you celebrate yourself,
you do things worth celebrating.”
Today’s MotD encourages us to celebrate the wins…especially the small ones because those are the ones the are the building blocks for the big ones. Too often we focus on our failures, our mistakes, our fears, our limitations and such. Time to turn that around and seek out the day-to-day wins.
- waking up this morning
- making the bed
- brushing our teeth
- completing an exercise routine
- eating a healthy meal/snack
- making a healthy meal
- making a healthy meal from scratch
- being able to run errands
- getting back to playing a musical instrument again
- completing a crossword puzzle (or other mind-building game)
- being able to hug our loved ones
- doing the laundry
- cleaning out the junk drawer
- sending an email (text) the we were procrastinating on
- taking another step towards completing a bigger project
- taking time to practice a new skill
- taking time for some self care
- dressing up just for the fun of it
- working in the garden
- saying hi to our neighbors
- being alive
Mel Robbins, a world-renowned motivational speaker, has come up with a cool way to help us celebrate ourselves and boost our energy: The High 5 Habit.
I’m celebrating completing 103 mandalas of the day. ✋🏻💜🎉
The Mandala Lady
btw…started with this…