“A spark is a little thing,— Martin Farquhar Tupper
yet it may kindle the world.”
“Never forget— Taylor Swift
the essence of your spark!”
“Imagination is the spark— Richard L. Peterson
that ignites the fire of creativity.”
Today’s MotD inspires us to spark our creativity. When we say creative, we mean more than just making art. It applies to everything in our lives: how we live, how we work, how we play, how we interact with each other, how we do day-to-day tasks and activities. So why spark our creativity?From the National Youth Council of Ireland they offer a long list of reasons. Here are just a few:
- Creativity is fun and joyful and surprising.
- Creativity keeps the mind active.
- Creativity engages different learning styles.
- Creativity allows us to view and solve problems more openly and with innovation.
- Creativity opens the mind.
- Creativity inspires collective thinking.
- Creativity nurtures ideas.
Now that we know why, here are some of the 23 ways to spark our creativity (from Career Coach Jenny Garrett):
- Put away your digital devices
- Be inspired by Nature
- Change your Routine
- Try Mind Mapping
- Take a Shower
- Sleep on it
- Ask a Child
- 5-minute Art
- Ask Why?
Of course, The Mandala Lady would encourage us to color mandalas as a way to spark our creativity. Visit the MandalaoftheMonth.com for free mandalas to download and color.
“When sparks fly,— David Heinemeier Hansson
some truly great ideas
come to light.”
The Mandala Lady
btw…started with this (almost forgot to take this photo):