“Persistence Pays Off”
“Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.” Aisha Tyler
“Success is sometimes the outcome of a whole string of failures.” Vincent van Gogh
“Progress not perfection.” Alcoholics Anonymous
Today we’re reminded to ”keep on, keeping on”. If in our heart of hearts we truly want something, then we must be ready, willing, and able to put in the time and effort.
Some points to remember:
- failure(s) along the way is a valuable learning tool
- be open to changing directions as the need arises (often times the scenic route is far more interesting than the highway)
- break projects down into smaller tasks that can easily be done in short(er) blocks of time and on a daily basis, if possible
- remember: “slow and steady wins the race”
- practice makes progress
- remember the ”why” of it
- MOST IMPORTANT: it’s okay to change our minds if we realize that what we really wanted was something else. Either way, it was still time well spent…we learned something new about ourselves.
The Mandala Lady