“Surprise yourself every day
with your own courage.”
— Denholm Elliott
“When in doubt, surprise them.”
“Don’t tell people how to do things,
tell them what to do and let them
surprise you with their results.”
— George S. Patton
Today’s MotD inspires the element of surprise into our day. In much the same way we let the chef prepare our meal after we’ve placed our order, it serves us well to let the Universe prepare in Its own way what we have requested.
In order words, _we_ declare the “what” (doing what we can on our end to be prepared for it), the Universe takes care of the how. And when we allow the Universe to take care of the how, it often surprises us with something even better, and sometimes something completely different…which, in the end, turns out to be more truly what we wanted.
Some ways to ponder “surprise”:
- How can we surprise ourselves?
- How can we surprise others?
- What do we like about surprises? Why?
- What do we despise about surprises? Why?
- How can we allow ourselves to be pleasantly surprised?
- Are there ways we would prefer to be surprised?
- Has a surprise ever backfired? Why?
- What can we learn about ourselves in relation to surprises?
- Would we rather micromanage (control) things or allow people to surprise us by doing things their own way?
The Mandala Lady
btw…started with this…