“Life is a balance of holding on— Rumi
and letting go”
“Letting go— Melody Beattie
helps us to to live
in a more peaceful state of mind
and helps restore our balance.
It allows others
to be responsible for themselves
and for us
to take our hands off situations
that do not belong to us.
This frees us
from unnecessary stress.”
“There is a fine balance— Eckhart Tolle
between honoring the past
and losing yourself in it.
For example, you can acknowledge
and learn from mistakes you made,
and then move on
and refocus on the now.
It is called forgiving yourself.”
Today’s MotD encourages us to maintain balance in all areas of our lives. Gustavo Razzetti from a PsychologyToday post (the best way to find balance in your life) states “Balance is not something we can get; it’s a state of mind. It’s the realization that life is not stable but in constant motion.”
He offers five tips to get started (his post goes into more detail)
- Integrate all aspects of your life: Rather than competing against each other, they should collaborate.
- Lose balance to find balance: Letting go of control is key to letting things fall into place on their own..
- Prioritize your activities: Knowing what matters is the first step.
- Develop a balanced mindset: Balance is not something external; it lies within you.
- Practice journaling: Set some time to reflect.
We are encouraged to start by being present, enjoying what we’re doing in the here and now.
“Life is like riding a bicycle.— Albert Einstein
To keep your balance,
you must keep moving.”
The Mandala Lady
btw… Forgot to take a before photo but here’s a shimmer view: