Today’s Mandala Message: List Your Successes
This week I’m working through Principle #26 from Jack Canfield’s “The Success Principles” entitled “Acknowledge Your Positive Past”. I set my intention today to consider my past successes. Canfield states: “Knowing that you have had successes in the past will give you the confidence that you can have more successes in the future.”
Canfield offers this exercise to get us started: “Here is a simple way to begin an inventory of your major successes…start by dividing your life into three equal time periods…Then list 3 successes you’ve had for each time period.”
So for me it would about 23 year time periods. In reviewing this list, I see that there’s much more I want to do in my life.
- Earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from Berklee College of Music in Boston.
- Choreographed and danced a solo performance as part of a Glee Club Show.
- Performed in our local Minstrel Show three times: twice for Irish step dancing, and once as a comedic solo act.
- Earned by Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from Cal State University Dominguez Hills
- Bought my first home (technically a condo)…all on my own.
- Start working as a mandala artist, participated in art fairs and local art guild
- Completed my first large size (4’x4’) mandala painting in Tibetan style
- Started working as a intuitive reader, helping people move forward in their lives
- Illustrated over 20 poetry books for local poet.
A good mindfulness practice would be to acknowledge your positive past.
So how about you? If you did this exercise, what would be your list of successes?
“The past— Ricky Maye
does not define me,
it ignites me.
is not a piece of me,
it has placed me”
The Mandala Lady
All Things Mandalas
I invite you to color along with me this year as part of what I’m calling “The Year of Self-Exploration and Expansion” with all of my “Mandalas of the ___” (day, week, month, year). If you’re interested in more of a self-exploration approach to coloring, check out my “Coloring Mandalas as Meditation”. You can download this mandala at MandalaoftheWeek.com.